Friday, August 20, 2004

My Song of the Moment, 2

Masaya
by Bamboo
ako'y malungkot na naman
amoy chico na ako
ilang tagay na hindi pa rin tulog
tanong ko lang sa langit kung bakit pumangit
ang dating masaya, ngayo'y parang problemang
bumabalot sa mundo, bakit ganito ang pag-ibig
ganyan talaga, pag bago ang pag-ibig
ganyan talaga, masaya
pagkagising ko, nakita ko si juan
na syang adik sa aming lugar
parang droga daw ang bisa ng ginamit nya kanina
sa una lang daw masarap
ang pag-ibig, ganyan talaga
ako'y nilamon ng pag-ibig
ganyan talaga, masaya
**********
This is my song of the moment. Ego first told me about this song over the phone, when I still haven't heard of it. Knowing Ego's taste in music, I took note of the title and a few lines from that song. He promised to send it over the e-group, which obviously did not happen because I first heard the song on the car radio. It was like meeting a much-hyped blind date. Haha. And I was not disappointed. The song was good, Anne even said Bamboo's voice was sexy (ewww...). I personally like the lyrics and the music (which basically forms the song, duh).
Couldn't help but agree with the song. Given what I learned in Theology of Marriage, it's true that real love is only fun at first. Because real love is all about hard work and effort, the ones that two people put in to make their relationship work. It's like what I always say about taking a test you didn't study for, "Mahirap 'yan."
**********
It's hard to forget your first time. This makes a lot of sense, even if Psychology blames it on the Primacy Effect (god, I miss studying...). I know I can't forget the first time I danced in public, and the first time I french kissed a guy. I also can't forget the first guy I ever went out with (and our first date), who also happens to be the first guy who became my S.O. I can't forget the first time I drove a car on my own, and the first time I drove a car with manual transmission. I can't forget the first time I rode an airplane, when I was six years old. Can't forget the first (and only) time I slept with a guy, and the first time I got drunk. I also can't forget the first time I got a love letter, which I promptly tore in front of the the sender (harhar!). I can't forget the first time I won something (a spelling contest) and lost something (another spelling contest). I definitely can't forget the first time I held a sleeping baby (my brother, JC) in my arms. Boy, was he heavy (and very cute).
But not all first times are remembered, especially the bad ones. Like the first time I... mmm, I can't remember. Haha.
**********
Special mention goes out to Elaine, who just celebrated her birthday yesterday. Happy birthday, Elena! You've been a blessing to me and many other people. May you find the happiness that you so greatly deserve. I love you, Eelaine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2004. Some rights reversed.