Saturday, September 18, 2004

My Life So Far...

My sister drove me to my office this morning. I saved Php 25.50 in the process, and I got there a whole lot faster than if I rode the bus. Processed a lot of applications, both for phonescreen and facescreen applicants. Administered exams to three people, of whom only one passed. Ate lunch with PeopleSupport's HR team at Dencio's in Paseo (the sisig, crispy pata and chicharong bulaklak almost killed me when I got back to work in the afternoon... no kidding). Boy, were they loud, and a lot of fun! Got to see the other office, at PhilamLife Building. Got my temporary ID, and my first paycheck (I encashed it too!).

My siblings picked me up from work at around 8-830 in the evening. While waiting for them, I fixed my log-in and overtime thingy. So that means I'm bound to get a few more pesos for the uncredited overtime work that I did. Yipee! I also made chika with my favorite floor guard (Manong Robert). He said someone from STC (the call center that we recruit for) asked him if "may sumusundo ba sa" akin. Haha. Yikee (ika nga ni Ego). Kinikilig yata ako. Office romance. Harhar. But I also have a crush at work. He's one of the newly-hired Collection Associates, and I facescreened him. His (nick)name's Jop. He looks like a (former) real good friend of mine, someone I think I might have liked/loved at some point in time. Mmm. Maybe that's why I'm crushing on him.

Missed my parents yesterday (Thursday). It rained particularly hard at around 1230 in the afternoon, and I was trying to figure out how to get home as dry as possible. Then I remembered my first week at work, when my dad picked me up from the office when it rained. I began to miss them terribly. Plus, there was a decision I had to make about my career, and at that particular moment, I felt lost and alone. Couldn't help but cry. I looked out the office window, into the Buendia traffic and cried my heart out. Didn't want my boss and other officemates to see me crying after laughing with me during lunch break. I finally texted my parents, told them I missed them, and asked for their advice. They never fail to calm me down (well, they do sometimes), it was what I needed at that time. After almost 30 minutes of lachrymal release (a.k.a. crying like a baby), I composed myself in the washroom and got ready for the afternoon that lay ahead. Gradually, I felt better toward the end of the day, thanks to my sundo and the tickets (to that darned Ateneo-La Salle game on Sunday) that he gave me. It's good to be in good terms with you again.

Treated my brother and sisters to dinner today (at Dencio's in Rockwell, haha--that's two servings of sisig in a day!), to celebrate my first paycheck. We watched the LFS of 13 Going on 30. Twas really funny and sweet. Makes you want to look at things in perspective, especially when you're young and faced with a lot of decisions. I realized Jennifer Garner was really macho. But she wore nice clothes in the movie.

Gotta get some sleep. I'll be playing volleyball again tomorrow, after almost 5 years of not playing. Nini will have their Family Sportsfest in CSA and I intend to render my volleyball services to her team. Hehe. Plus, I also need the exercise, after all the fatty food I took in today. If only I can wake up at 630 in the morning with only 4 and a half hours of sleep...

1 Comments:

Blogger ikeajane said...

hi julie! :)

Wassup! first of all, congrats on the first paycheck!!! wahoo! :) sarap kumita talaga, na-realize ko lang. kahit maliit ang sweldo (like in my case), no prob. parang happy na rin yung parents ko because at least i'm not freeloading off them anymore.

what about your parents, btw? where are they? are they vacationing?

i loved 13 going on 30! super kilig diba? :) yeah, masculado nga si jen. but she's super smart in real life. previously was a chemistry student, then shifted to drama. i swear to god, she's my idol.

anyways, take care dear!

myra

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2004. Some rights reversed.