Friday, October 01, 2004

Goings-on

I'm in the office right now, got here very early (read: 730 am) since my dad started going back to work today. I just had breakfast down at the basement canteen, and I had the same thing that an old man ate for breakfast (rice, corned beef and scrambled eggs). Mmmm, it was good. Or maybe I'm just way too hungry to notice the imperfections.

Yesterday, I bought lunch at McDo with my colleague, Justine. When we were about to get on the elevator on our way back to the office, I was flushed. My office crush (Jop) was directly behind the elevator door! I can distinctly remember his height and his big eyes. He and his batchmates were on their way out. Haha. All I can do was step aside to let them pass, and Justine saw everything. She said that he was looking at me and smiling, as if waiting for me to acknowledge him and say hi or something. Haha. How could I? He's my crush! But I was so happy while I was taking my lunch in the pantry. I just hope Justine wasn't exaggerating or embellishing the details. Now I'm really looking forward to Tuesday mornings til lunch time. I love my job! Hahahaha.

My folks got back last Tuesday from LA. They brought back a lot of stuff, particularly chocolates and photos. Haha. They had their picture taken with Spongebob and Patrick from the Universal Studios. They met up with Anne's best friend (Chen) and accidentally saw Webs Paras in a party they attended. Webs apparently remembered my dad from Bu-anne's Pampanga shindig after grad. Haaay, small world. But I still missed them so much. My dad picked me up from work that day and I couldn't resist hugging him. It's good to have a "complete" family again. Plus, now I don't have to commute everyday...

I have to start working soon; it's now 840 am. We still have to hire at least 5 people by the end of the work week (which is Saturday for us), so they can start by Monday. It's crunch time. But it's all worth it because I'm getting my 2nd paycheck today. And tonight (and the coming weekend too), I'm looking forward to seeing a few friends to relax and catch up on each other's lives. There sure are a lot to talk about, right Elaine? Btw, hi Mac! (yiheee!)

Now, the Milo jingle is playing in my head:

I'm getting ready, getting ready
Oh boy, what a day it's gonna be...
Happy birthday, Jaja. Amishu and aylabyoo! May gift ako for you, pic ni...crush mo (dati). I'll see you soon. Mwah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2004. Some rights reversed.