Haay...
It's been 2 days since I've started working in Exportbank again. It felt good, very comfortable. But then I found out my teammate (and fellow Temp HR) Justine will only work with us until today, November 24. They did not extend her contract anymore; there was no need to. That somehow dampened my Monday, which might dampen the rest of week for me. I'll miss her, even if we've only worked together for 2 months. As for me, my contract will expire on December 1, which means I'll have the whole month for Christmas vacation.
The result of the regularization that I applied for should be out by the 1st week of January. It's funny because I'm not really sure if I want to do this on a regular basis. I think I only want this because of the stability that it will give me in terms of employment and finances. This whole thing with Justine and with December 1 forced me to ponder on my (so-called) career, which I had the chance to do when I walked from Exportbank in Buendia to Robinsons Summit in Ayala (to get my payslips from Myrene) then to LKG Tower to meet with my dad. It took me a total of 45 minutes to do the whole thing. I perspired a little, but I still didn't get the definite answers that I needed. Myrene said my case is no different from what happened to one of the regular employees right now. Her contract also expired before Christmas break and she was hired as a regular HR assistant by January. If that happens to me, I won't complain. But what if it doesn't?
On one hand, I might be glad, since I'm not yet really sure I want to do this (even if I can see myself doing this for a long time). On the other hand, I'll also be disappointed since I failed in one thing I attempted to do (to be a regular employee). In any case, I might be on the prowl again soon... of course, with 3 months of HR experience under my belt. Not bad.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home