How I Spent My Christmas
I don't want to go into the boring details. Let me just share some highlights, to make a brief summary of my Christmas Day:
- woke up 9 am, to have brunch at Riviera in Cavite; I ended up taking a rushed bath only to have lunch, eventually, at Big Buddha and coffee at Seattle's Best in Greenbelt 3.
- back at home by 1.30 pm, then left the house 30 minutes later for the Ginebra game at Cuneta Astrodome. I still can't believe I actually went there along with 11,024 other people. The highlight of this whole episode is my (and my sister Anne's) 3 seconds of fame. Apparently, we were seen on TV by a lot of people (our sister, dad, and a whole lot of neighbors). My dad said we looked pretty good on TV. I just hope he wasn't making bola. Hehe. In any case, the whole TV exposure thing sure boosted my deflated ego, which was still reeling from a semi-depressive episode brought about by my Pre-employment Physical Exam last December 23. It turns out I'm only 5'2" but I weigh 109 lbs. Although I think it's just the right weight for my height, I am now officially the shortest and chubbiest member of my family. Which is why I was a bit more reluctant to try everything on our table for Noche Buena.
- after the game, we met up with my tita's boss and he treated us to dinner. We had dinner in Blue Wave along Macapagal Highway, which is a good gimmick place if ever one's in the area. We ended up at Icebergs, which reminded me of someone I might have liked/loved before, because he wanted us to have dessert there one time.
- on our way home, my tita's boss (who gave us a lift home) made a sidetrip to Policarpio Street in Mandaluyong. It's now a pseudo-tourist attraction because of the houses there that are clothed in Christmas lights. I think they're putting up a brave front after what happened to the de Venecias. Anyway, it reminded me again of that someone I might have liked/loved before, because we went there last Christmas, when we were still getting to know each other better. I couldn't resist, I finally texted him to greet him a Merry Christmas and to ask him how he was.
- when I got home, I totally forgot about the replay of the second to the last episode of Sex and the City, which was why I had to cut short my phone conversation with Florence (sorry...). I only watched a bit of it, but it still made me sad. To paraphrase what Sarah Jessica Parker said about the whole experience,"To see myself not being with them everyday, to work with them, laugh with them, it just breaks my heart." And I can feel her heartbreak. Rean, Millette, Jaja, Elaine: doesn't it sound familiar?
Anyway, I'm trying to make the most of my so-called Christmas break, since I'm going to be working on a more permanent level starting January 3 next year. This is the real thing, and I'm partially freaked out. I hope next year will turn out to be a good year for everyone I love.
Belated Merry Christmas and advance Happy New Year to all!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home