Saturday, February 26, 2005

Dahil Hindi Ako Makatulog...

I spent the day in Laguna (for my cousin's birthday celeb), watching my cousins swim. I wasn't able to join them because I had my period Friday night. Darn it. Anyway, we'll be back there next week to celebrate my lola and baby sister (Nini)'s birthdays, which is on March 4. By then, I won't have the icky red thing anymore. Cool.

I spent the evening watching tv, starting off with the Spongebob Marathon. I've watched all of the episodes before, but it didn't matter that much because I really just wanted to laugh (even if it didn't make a lot of sense). I just finished watching Down with Love for the 3rd time, and I really don't get tired of watching Ewan McGregor. Yum. My HR teammate Mark J, who's celebrating his birthday tomorrow, told me I was a down-with-love girl, after getting the brief summary of my so-called love life (I hope my exes don't have violent reactions). I didn't disagree. For those who aren't familiar, a down-with-love girl is someone who has "sex a la carte," a.k.a. meaningless sex and is not concerned at all with love and marriage. Well, I don't engage in meaningless sex, but I'm most certainly not at all concerned with love and marriage (as of the moment, at least). It's really a funny, romantic story, full of sexual double talk and witty humor. It turns out, Renee Zellweger's character was only pretending to be a down-with-love girl to make Ewan McGregor's character love her. To make the long story short, the down-with-love girl eventually had a change of heart and said "here's to love." What made her give in? After watching the movie 3 times, I'm still not sure about the answer, although I myself will also give in like that and say "yes" to Ewan McGregor faster than you can say Obi-Wan Kenobi. The ending is formulaic, very Hollywood, and hopefully not mine. My message to the One in charge of my "ending": surprise me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2004. Some rights reversed.