Monday, February 14, 2005

I Don't Wanna Wait in Vain...

In the spirit of Valentine's day and being single during Valentine's day (hehe), I'm re-posting this article originally posted August 1, 2004. Happy Valentine's Day to all (especially to all of the singles out there who are still "waiting for their cab").

**********
My friend, Ten, posted this article in his Friendster bulletin board. In spite of its length, I still managed to finish reading it in one night (hehe, joke lang, pare). And I agree that loving someone (or more specifically, getting into a relationship) is a lot like getting a cab. I had the same insight a few years back but did not have the good sense to write it down and share it to others the way my friend did. Haha. When I was younger, I used to take the cab everytime, and I know how hard it is to find the "right" cab. My mom even told me to "pray for the right cab." Pretty funny, right? But after that, I always felt that every cab I rode in was the cab that was meant for me, the one meant to take me where I wanted to go.

I hope you don't think of me as a naive little girl, even if we all know I can be one more often than I want to. I have had the misfortune of riding in "bad" cabs, i.e. those with malfunctioning aircons, lousy drivers, bad seats, smelly interiors, etc. And everytime I walk out of our subdivision and into the main road to wait for a cab, I always hope (okay, pray) that I get a real good one. There were times when I had competition, when someone would try to "steal" a cab from me. Haha. Whenever they succeed in "stealing" my cab, I always tell myself that that cab wasn't meant for me. I go on and wait for other cabs. And, it never fails, one cab always gets me to my destination on time (okay, not always on time). There were also times when I was desperate enough to settle for a Kia Pride cab because no other cab was around and I was running late. Yes, the naive, idealistic girl had to settle sometimes. But I still think that when I settled, that too was meant to be.

Haha. I seem to have lost my focus yet again.

So what am I saying? I'm saying that I agree with Ten, that getting into a relationship (any relationship) is a meeting of the minds, much like finding the right cab. There will be a lot of waiting and negotiations (haggling may be the better term) involved, mga lubak, at traffic congestions, but getting to your destination will make all of it worth your while.
Now if only I can decide if I will drive my car or take a cab this time...

P.S. pare, wag ka sanang magsawang maghintay sa taxi na para sa'yo...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loving someoene does not relate even a bit on getting a cab.true love means accepting one's strength and weaknesses no matter what or where fate brings. loving does not expect a fare in return but grasping the moments you are together... may it be a smooth, shakey or a bumpy ride. a cab dont have a heart, you can always get off the next corner or two as long as you pay... but always remember that no matter how much you could pay for a good ride...you could never buy a good heart to love you back. so please, dont look for a cab... look for a frend who could walk with you anywhere you want to even under the heat of the sun or under the cold winds of a pouring rain... pangga. God bless!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had a good heart pala! my cardiologist just confirm it a while ago. hehehe missed you poh! mwah!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2004. Some rights reversed.