Recent Developments
I'm in front of my computer on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I'm unusually alone (since Sunday is a family day) because the rest of my family is having the time of their lives bowling at the Ayala Alabang Country Club. Me, I've decided to wake up as late as I can and go through this day unhurried.
**********
Everything with work is just the opposite, which is why I submitted my job application to join another team within the company. I'm expecting an interview schedule anytime soon and nothing's certain at this point. When I told my officers (former and current) about my plan to shift to another team, they all asked my why. They said they were even wondering why I didn't apply for that promotion that was opened during the latter part of last year. Is it so hard to beleive that I don't want to move up the ladder yet, that I want to explore other options first? Do they think I lack ambition? I just see my career in a different path than what they probably expected. I don't want to get promoted unless I'm sure that it's something I really want to do long-term.
A lot of people at work are planning to resign. One already gave her 30-day notice. Another will tender his as soon as he signs with another company. And yet another is sure she's not going to be in the company by next year. It's not good. Three teammates gone in 2 months. As for me, I'm still hoping for the best.
**********
I'll confirm the hearsay: I have a boyfriend now. Yiheee. Hehe. Everything's a lot more colorful recently. We met through a common friend (my officemate, his college friend) just last November. We clicked and we've been together since very late last year. Happy New Year, indeed! To the gang: you'll meet him soon enough, and don't ask too many questions. Hahahaha.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home