Sunday, March 12, 2006

Heaven Under the Sun

I haven't had the time to update my blog lately; a lot of things have been going on. I recently got promoted (and transferred) to another team. I'm out of recruitment, so now I have to work GY shifts from time to time (woohoo, 20% night differential!). The work is also a lot more serious since it deals with employee concerns. I have to be knowledgeable with Philippine Labor Laws and whatnot. And I am willing to learn. This is the growth that I was talking about. It makes me nervous, uncertain, and excited all at the same time.

But before I got transferred, I got the chance to go on Operation Getaway with some friends (i.e. Tan, Nathan, May, Jude, Mia, Apple, and Myrene). Not everyone we invited was there, which is a blessing in disguise na rin because it wouldn't have been how it turned out if a lot of people showed up. It was an unexpected bonding session, to say the least (even if I missed my SO terribly during that trip because he had to work that weekend). We got stranded in SLEX because of the darned bus. We shared frustrations, jokes, funny stories, future plans (like the next outing!) and in return we found a new barkada of sorts. The getaway was in Laiya, San Juan, Batangas and it was like Pinoy Big Brother without Big Brother. Haha. Nathan was a revelation for most of us; he was a riot and now will be one of the people who simply must be on every getaway that we'll have. I miss him though; he resigned 3 days after the getaway for work-related reasons.

We got a lot of pictures from that getaway since we had 3 cameramen in the group. We are planning another getaway to La Union the weekend of April 1st (and Pagsanjan next week?) and will definitely collect a lot more memories. The pictures of the Laiya Getaway are to follow in my next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2004. Some rights reversed.