Wedding Season
Two friends and an aunt are scheduled to get married within the next year, which means I'll be attending three weddings as well. An officemate (Mia) will get married on December, my tita will get married on January next year and my teammate (Joahn) will get married by June of next year. A lot of people I know are getting married, it seems to be the "in" thing nowadays. But then again, these people are at least 26 years old, and are not necessarily "my age." So this may not be what's "in" after all; maybe it is the right time for them.
When exactly do you know that it is the right time for you to merge your life with another person, forever? What makes you say that this is the person you want to be with for the rest of your life, and you're willing to leave the life you used to have for this other person? For some, it may be because their biological clock is ticking and the people around them are pressuring them to take the plunge. For a lot of youngsters, an "accident" might have convinced them to get married earlier than they would have planned. But what about those who willfully said "I do," what triggered that decision?
A best friend and I have talked about it, well, over YM. I now can't remember how we got to talking about the idea of getting married (not to each other--hehe), but we did. She has been together with her boyfriend, who also happens to be her childhood friend, for quite some time now and all things considered, they're well on their way to walking down the aisle someday. As for me, as early as now, I can say that I already have an idea who I want to spend the rest of my life with. But I'm not in a hurry, we're not in a hurry. As someone really wise once said, "It's not about where you want to go, it's about how you get there. The journey is the destination." Or something like that.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home