Saturday, August 19, 2006

Ala Lang...

I'm here in an internet cafe with my boyfriend. He's playing online games (what else?!) and I'm... surfing the net. Haha. I'm chatting with my girlfriends while they're at work, to make the time fly fast.

Anyway, updates. Today is Elaine's birthday! Happy birthday Elaine! Elaine is now 24 (23?) years old. Elaine, if you're reading this, saan natin i-celebrate ang birthday mo? And kailan tayo magkikita-kita ulit, along with Gelo? Miss ko na kayo. :)

Work is still the same. A lot of people are leaving, and it's more noticeable for me now because I am part of the unit in HR that deals with people who are separating from the company. They all pass through us. And part of it leaves me worried, another part leaves me numb to all of it. I recently released a pregnant employee. She was endorsed to me for termination for the second time within six months because of habitual tardiness. The first time I encountered her case, we tried helping her by initiating some adjustments in her schedule or account assignment, but she insisted she was fine with her schedule and account then. So we just asked her to submit a Commitment Letter instead of issuing a warning or letting her go. But she did it again. I had no choice but to release her, if only to enforce the company policy on schedule adherence.

When I met with her to tell her that she's terminated, she cried, of course. And I couldn't speak for a long time; all I could do was look at her, her ID and her bulging tummy (not in that order). I felt bad... sick, actually. I literally needed a hug as soon as I was alone at my workstation. I felt like a meanie, who had to terminate an infanticipating employee, due to give birth next month. Sigh. But I just did what I had to do, considering that I gave her a chance already before. I'll charge it to experience.

I need to go in a few minutes, got stuff to buy at the mall. One of the highlights of my weekend is tonight's inuman at Daisy's place. Daisy celebrated her birthday last August 14 (Belated happy birthday, gurl!) and we're celebrating it tonight with some pulutan and a lot of drinks. Hehe. The other highlight is the non-working holiday on Monday, August 21, which is Ninoy Aquino Day. That means I'm going back to work on Tuesday night! Whooopeee!

Happy (long) weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2004. Some rights reversed.