It's another Monday morning, another work week ahead of me. Even if I'll be going to work later tonight pa, I'm already dreading the idea. The past 3 days at work, I've been putting in longer hours, say 2-3 hours of OT a day. I hope this doesn't get to be a lasting pattern, since my circadian rhythm is starting to go crazy on me again.
To illustrate, I got home from work last Saturday at around 11am, and fell asleep 30 minutes after. I was jolted awake at around 3:30 in the afternoon and just as quickly fell back to sleep a few minutes after. The next time I was awake was around 6pm, then 9pm. I always drift back to sleep after. I then woke up at 12:30am and got something to eat. I also watched TV until around 4am, and fell back to sleep. I woke up at 8:30am on Sunday to spend a normal day with the family. I went to sleep last night at around 10:30pm to make sure that I'll wake up early today, to be able to get some shut-eye before I finally leave for work tonight. My parents and my hunny don't want me to go on like this, saying it will slowly kill me. Maybe so. On my end, I'm not exactly sure how I'll get used to this, since every weekend is like a new weekend. There is no pattern to speak of. It's tiring just to speak of it.
Something else is weighing down on me, much more than my erratic sleeping habits. My hunny has plans to move to another company within the week. He told me about it last week pa, and I found it harder to smile since then. Which means by next week, he won't be shuttling between Batangas and Makati anymore; now it's just Tanauan to Lipa. Which is good, right?! I am happy for him. But then a part of me feels sad that I'll be seeing a lot less of him from now on. I only saw him last Wednesday but I miss him already. It seems to be an indication of things to come, as soon as the move to the other company in Lipa becomes a certainty. No one's saying goodbye, he insists everything will be the same between us. I sure hope so.
Some say absence makes the heart grow fonder. Yeah, I know. I hope that's the only thing it does to us.
Monday, August 28, 2006
© 2004. Some rights reversed.
1 Comments:
i'm sure you both would be able to work something out. ganyan talaga ang buhay but am pretty sure you guys would be able to handle it.
Post a Comment
<< Home